Friday, June 15, 2012

TGIF Day 5! :)


My fridge with Juice ready to go.
It's Friday and I cannot believe that I have survived 5 days of juicing! This morning I had a carrot, orange, and cucumber. Which was pretty good, I have to give props to my hubby when it's due. :) He has definitely helped me stick with this fast. Because it is difficult, and for him to be there and help me juice and create juices for me especially when my feet flare up. It's a blessing. Today at work I did experience a headache. So I ate some almonds to get some protein in, and it went away. For lunch today, was a different story. Hubby made a kale, chard, cucumber, carrot, lime, and apple juice. It was SUPER Green which made me think about how much I would be getting in essential nutrition such as: Chlorophyll, vitamin C, A, K, calcium, and iron. Well, when I tried it it was extremely bitter. I called my hubby because he also had some, and he told me his was very sour. I went home to take my car for my hubby to fix and had him try it and he said "Wow, that's bitter!" He threw it away and made me a new one. :) What we realize is that one must mix the juices well once you make it because it will separate and you may not get the pleasant taste that one expects. Lesson learn.

There are so many things one learns by juicing. Lot's of tricks, I saw a video today on YT and learned to get enough juice one has to find a favorite juicing veggie. Cucumbers and tomatoes produce lots of juice, so always try to include them in your juicing. (I'm not a big tomato person but read further to find out my discovery and love for it now.)  Leafy veggies can be hard to make lots of juice. So when you are juicing such items like Kale, Chard, Parsley, Cilantro etc. you must add a juice producing one to get the most of of the leafy veggies. So if you put a leaf of Kale in put a piece of apple or cucumber to get the most out of your kale. :)

Greentastic from Whole Foods! Try it!
You might be surprised. :)
For dinner today, we went to my favorite place. Whole foods, and I tried my first tomato based juice. At WF it's called the Greentastic, it consists of tomatoes, celery, spinach, and carrots. I was pretty scared to try it but the guy at WF told me it's like a V8 but much more refreshing. He was right. It was awesome. Not thick, almost a hearty cold tomato soup. So my fear of juicing tomatoes is now gone. I'll be experimenting it this weekend! The Farmers Market will be open tomorrow and I will be there bright and early to buy fresh tomatoes, spinach, kale, chard, carrots, and whatever else I can find. I have 3 days till I weigh myself and see the results. I have no expectations, just hope that this helps me with my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment