Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 4 ~ Staying strong!

This is what juicing looks like!
It's Day 4, woke up a little tired, went to bed later than these past few days. I guess it's expected that if you are on this fast. You need to get at least 7-8 hours sleep. This morning I had a Spinach, Orange, Cucumber juice and what I realize is this. Apples and pears cover up a lot of the tastes from veggies. Oranges, kiwi, pineapple do not do it as effectively. Watermelon is pretty good too but, due to the high sugar in it I can't do it daily. I use watermelon 1-2 times a week for b-fast. The rest of the bases such as carrots, celery do a mediocre job. So I guess it's just something that everyone who tries will find their way of making their juice and drinking it to their liking. :)

Lunch today will be a surprise, my hubby will be bringing me a juice from Whole Foods and I will see what he has in store for me. Today has been harder that other days, I don't know if my body has decided now to try to fight and see if it can get me to eat something. :/ I won't do it. I'll stick to my plan and show myself that I'm going to make this a permanent thing in my life. I'll be back later to discuss how I will be exercising since cardio is a challenge for me. Maybe someone who reads this blog can help me with some cardio-type exercises... I'll see you later...

I'm back and we are preparing for our dinner juice, we mixed it up and used pear as a base and lots of greens. It was a little thick this time around. I think the pears I got were ripe so I was able to get juice with pulp. Not bad. Like I said before, this is all base on experimenting. There will be days your juice isn't as good. You take the good with the bad. Thankfully my hubby made my juices for tomorrow morning and afternoon. He is such a sweetie. Reason why he is doing it is because I have a serious foot condition.


They taped my foot to see if it
would help. It made my heel super tired.
That's why I said today that I would explain about my difficulty I'm having on getting cardio in my day. How am I going to implement exercise to this fasting when I have Chronic Plantar Fasciitis. I guess your wondering what that is. It's a painful inflammation of the Plantar Fascia on the base of your foot. Unfortunately, I have them on both feet. In my late 30's, I had my first outbreak of this and when I went to the doctor; they told me rest, ice, and it should go away. It did. Problem was I didn't know that I was going to put an overload on my feet by learning this wonderful dance called Salsa and it take over my world and put my feet into high stress when I started dancing 9 years ago. I didn't think that what I doing was going to really mess up all opportunity to continue to dance, hike, run, walk, or just stand for any period of time. I was told by podiatrists to not wear heels, so I didn't. I wore jazz shoes. Guess what, jazz shoes have no arch support, which caused my PF to go into high gear and stay stretched out and never relax. What this also does; it messes up your Achilles Tendon, your calf muscles, may cause your arches to fall, and can even mess up your back. Needless to say, I waited way to long to get help for my feet; and now I'm going to physical therapy 2 times a week and have been for 6 weeks. Let me tell you PT is no joke. It's painful and when I go home, my feet are so tired and sore. I can do much after that, if I try or do walk on my feet. BOY, do I feel it later that night or the next morning. What they do is they take this plastic tool and scrap my foot and try to release the scar tissue from my toes to my calf. OUCH!!!!! There is also a series of stretches, and exercises which is simple and easy for those who don't have PF. For me, it's like I've never exercised these muscles before. :( So I have finished this and I have an appointment on Monday with my Orthopedic to find out what my outcome was. Today at my appointment my PT told me I'm not much better from when i started so. I'm afraid I may need to have surgery or complete foot rest. Which would SUCK. I have to work and have too much going on. IDK. I just have to wait and see what the next step is...

Also part of my PT...
My wonderful braces. I feel like
 FOREST GUMP!
I have to wear these foot braces at night. (Picture on the left) It keeps my foot in a 80-75 angle inward so that my tendon can be stretched all night. Although it's very uncomfortable to wear these things. My feet don't hurt in the morning. Without them, when I get up, my feet feel like hundreds of needles are puncturing my foot especially where your arch and heels are. Imagine trying to walk and all you feel is pain. It takes 10 minutes of stretching in the morning to be able to walk if you don't have these.




So my question is to those who workout for a living. How can one get cardio when they cannot be on their feet. I mean I could do sit-ups, push-ups with a balance ball, mat exercises. My arms can be worked out from a chair. But when you can't do squats, push ups, planks (except on knees), jog, walk, stand, leg weights etc. What can I do??? If someone can help me with that. it would be appreciated. This fast will make me lose weight and I'd like to stay toned. :)

One of my readers asked me today if I could give him recipes of my juices I make. I promised to provide a link. This will help get you started, once you get use to it you'll make up your own stuff. :) Enjoy and remember, I'm no expert so if you have medical conditions or take meds daily.  Check with your doctor first. PLEASE. If your in the clear. What are you waiting for. Get started... At least do 3 days... You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Recipes to help you get started! Click here.

Have a great night, day 4 is official over and I have survived another day.

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment