Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 2 ~

Hello my friends,


Carrot,Orange,Apple and Ginger Juice

Last night I had my moments and some hunger pangs but not to bad. Went to bed and slept like a baby. Woke up early to go to work, I felt pretty good, not hungry at all. That's a plus, because it could of been worse. :) Oh, I forgot to mention that in the mornings during this detox/fast you need to drink 8oz of hot water w/ lemon. When you sick it's all good, but when you are doing this daily because you need to do this. :( Not so good, today I added a little *Xylitol to it. I was able to get it down better today. You also need to drink 16oz of water also after you drink this. That is another thing, I'm not a water drinker. I have to force myself to drink water at times. I've gotten better these past years but it's still poses an issue at times. Anyways, today I made a Carrot, Apple, Orange, and Ginger juice but I did a experiment to see if this will help me with my hunger. I added grounded flax seeds and chia seeds (No calories when you add this, just substance and fiber) It tasted awesome.

For lunch, I added a little chia to my lunch juice which that should be interesting because it's a Mean Green juice that has the following: Celery, Parsley, Cucumber, Apples and wheatgrass powder. I'm kinda scare of this one but it's what you gotta do. Sometimes when you juice it's not always going to taste fabulous. It may be too sour, or to green, sometimes even too sweet. You roll with them and I hope as the days go by I will get use to drinking these Mean Greens juices. That's the goal and implementing them permanently in my daily diet. That's it for now. I'll come back this afternoon!

I'm back, it's 10pm!

What an afternoon! My hubby surprised me with a bigger juicer and I was SOOOO Happy. We tried it out and for dinner I made a Kale, Chard, Spinach, Celery,Ginger and Pear Green juice. This time around, it was so good. Much better than lunch. When we started to clean out the juicer what my hubby found was that the Kale,Chard, and Spinach weren't being juiced as good as the Celery, Ginger and Pear. The juicers such Centrifugal (that's the one I have) doesn't juice leafy veggies that well. But they are great with hard veggies and fruits. While a Masticater Juicer focuses more on leafy veggies and less on hard fruits and veggies. Can their be a perfect combo? I don't know, we returned the one he bought and bought another one and that one had similar issues. So what to do? We decided then used the one my mom let me borrow, and THAT one juiced everything a lot better than the newer ones. It still had some issues with the leafy greens but it was a more broken down than the other ones we tried today. The old one has issues with leakage and clean up is really messy. (Hubby hates messes) The 1st one was great for clean up and the second one was ehhh messy but not as messy as my mom's juicer. Nevertheless, it took my mind away from thinking about the hunger I was feeling. Even now almost 11pm and I must say my tummy is growling away. Day 2 is over, I'm drinking some tea and calling it a night.

Oh, I weighed myself. OMG, i'm 169 lbs. :( As promised here are my pics, no I'm not going to take pictures of me in a bra. That's not how I roll but you can see what I look like before. :) Here they are: Good Night Folks...

I know...
This is me now...







*Xylitol is a sugar alcohol sweetener used as a naturally occurring sugar substitute. It is found in the fibers of many fruits and vegetables, and can be extracted from various berries, oats, and mushrooms. - Wikipedia To buy it. Click here!

2 comments:

  1. What is the name of he juicer your mom has?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Huntington Beach Juicer, you can find it at Kohls for about 30 bucks. She had it and it worked well for me. Small hole for the fruit so lots of cutting.

    ReplyDelete