Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 10, Going good! Mean Green day!

It's about 7:30 am and I'm at work on Day 10. Drank my hot water with lemon and added a slice of ginger. Thing is I let it sit there for like 10-15 minutes and I didn't taste any of the ginger, not sure what I did wrong but I guess I'll have to research it to find out how to get the ginger out of it.

This morning I am having a weird mix but like I said before you got to try everything to find out what the do's and don't are. I made a Orange, Chard, Kale, tomato, and celery juice. I know Tomato probably threw you off. Well you're right, don't add tomato in your green juice and don't let it sit overnight. It changes the flavor and I can't quite get what it is and it's drinkable but I'm not enjoying it this morning. Lesson learned no tomato unless you make a gazpacho juice drink or V8 type drink. My opinion, maybe you will like the taste. :)

I'm starting to see the results of weight loss, my face is getting thinner, my pants at work are looser and overall body is starting to change. All of this gives me more strength to endure this fast for 30 days. I get many of my friends ask me how's it going, how do I do this? Not eating must be crazy, and you know it is crazy as it seems but many people go on Slimfast, weight watchers, etc. People replace their meals with a Slimfast or Ensure protein drink. What's the difference? The only difference is I'm making real juice and replacing my meal with that. It's a fast, not a permanent thing. It's a internal cleansing of all the organs so that you can start fresh with a better sense of eating. Of course your going to get some people that disagree about doing this type of fast and that you can just drink H2O to cleanse the body. It's true you can do that but now a days, water is so contaminated you have to filter it so aren't you losing minerals from it too? Fruits and vegetables are known to have essential vitamins, micro nutrients, enzymes, chlorophyll, phytonutrients etc. Think about it, I'm one to definitely say that I never ate vegetables as a kid. In fact, I didn't start eating green veggies till my late 30's. I loved my spaghetti O's, mac and cheese, corn, potatoes, white rice, rice and chick peas w/ pork rinds in them, beans with fatty ribs in them, maduros (Fried Plantains,) etc. as a kid. My healthy drink as a child was Ovaltine that had Vitamins in it. How much? I didn't care because it tasted like Malt Chocolate and I didn't matter it was sweet. I'm sure some of you can relate to that. Your parents probably made spinach, broccoli, or beet salad and you never put it on your plate. I know I didn't and my parents never made me eat it. So for someone like me who never ate veggies as a child it became a difficult transition in my later years. I had to teach myself to try green veggies and eat them. So in my 30's I realized I like Broccoli, Cauliflower, carrots, yellow squash, yellow,green, red peppers, and zucchini either raw or cooked "al dente." That's it. No Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, chard, collard greens, spinach, arugula etc. Those didn't look appealing and I didn't care how nutritious they are. Not my problem back then. Now I look at how I make these juices and I don't necessarily have to eat them but make a juice to incorporate them in my diet. It's easier, and I'm getting all the micro nutrients from them, I'm drinking anywhere from 250-400 calories in each of them. I'm not losing weight because I'm on a 500 calorie diet and taking HGC drops. Sorry to those who do that or sell it but 500 calories is crazy and it's a starvation diet. I'm consuming about 1500 calories a day through my juices and nuts I eat a day. That's normal, I don't know many people will have their opinions, and their doubts, but I read and watch Juice fasting stories and for a lot of people it's working. Maybe it's not for everyone, but this one is for me. That's my story for today. I told you I was going to be honest. I'm a brutally honest person, none of this is meant to hurt anyones feelings, it's my thoughts and I respect everyone's opinion. I would expect you would respect mine also and we can always: "Agree to Disagree" at the end of the day as long as you are happy with what you do with your health, makes me just as happy. It's your body. That's all this morning folks. Pictures to be posted later of juices. See you soon. Here is a article on juice fasting if you like to read it. Click Here!


 I'mI'm back as promised. My dinner juice was Kale, Chard, celery, green leafy lettuce, carrot, ginger, blueberries and apple with a hint of Coconut water. It was pretty good, a little carroty but the ginger gave it a nice hint heat. Here are my pics from my juicing yesterday and today. It's not that bad and honestly if you really want to do this you don't have to fast. Just add a juice into your diet. Make it your mid-morning snack, or add it to your meal. The cleansing effect will be priceless for your health. Tomorrow's juices are my #1 favorite Watermelon, ginger, and beets. Lunch is Kale, Chard, carrot, cucumber, lettuce, orange and apple. Have a great night Day 10 is OVER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment