Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 18, What's your Crack?

Day 18, last night went to bed late and had to wake up super early. No bueno (good) for me, it's so hard for me to break the habit and go to bed early. I really need to do that get at least 7-8 hours of sleep. That will be a goal for the next two weeks.

This morning had my usual mean Red, but with a little change up, added 1 small apple, and a cucumber, a large beet and less watermelon. Why less watermelon, because I need it to be more veggie, I tried it and it was a little "beety" but I was still able to drink it. So we will see how the tummy reacts to it. For lunch though, this may get tough. I made Kale, chard, cucumbers, celery, ginger and apple. BUT, I upped the kale, cucumbers and celery to make it a serious MEAN green. Let's see how it tastes later. Did I mention how important it is to drink water. I noticed that when I don't drink enough water, I don't go #2. When I do drink enough water, I got once to three times daily. I know it's kinda hard to just drink water all day.You can always make tea such as Jasmin, Green, Mint, Peppermint tea. Try not to use any sweetners when you do this. I know it's hard, I was one that always needed everything to be sweetened. Now I can drink anything without adding sugar to it. I was BIG on Splenda 3 years ago. I would use 5-10 packets in each water-based drink. When I did my first no-carb fast, I quit the yellow packets, it wasn't easy (see below about reactions of the body that was me) but I did eventually kicked the habit and learned that I didn't need to have everything so sweet. The one thing I hope to really kick the habit is soda especially COKE. That is MY CRACK that is sooo hard to kick. I guess it's the Corn Syrup I am still addicted to. I gave up the five whites: potatoes, rice, sugar, dairy, pasta etc. Soda is my venom, lets see if this will be the end of my miserable habit. :)

I need to get rid of this! BAD SODA!

Today I was on the JointheReboot website and was reading the forums to see if I could find a new recipes and such. I read about a person that was struggling to drink green juice. They asked for help. What I read was; they were doing more fruit (too much fruit) than veggie juice, and asked if that was okay. They also mentioned that their health was seriously declining and needed advise to help them get started. I gave them some advice about teaching their pallete to adjust to drinking the juice. I know that sounds probably a little stern, but you have to teach yourself that it's mind over matter. If you baby it, it will never happen. Thank goodness, two other people backed me up and said that the advice I gave was in the right direction. The person replied back that they will continue to try to add the greens. I hope they really do because at the end of the day if your health is declining. You need to make a change before it's too late. Again, it's only my opinion. 
I can relate to what their body is doing: it is just rejecting it and doing everything possible to make you not drink veggies and go back to your normal eating habits. When people tell me they want to start juicing because they think it's somewhat easy. If you eat veggies, it's not such a bad transition. If you never eat veggies, like to eat fried foods, sweets, fast food and never really ate healthy. Your body is going to hurt all over, and feel head, joint, and muscle pain. Your going to feel like a crack head in a rehab (seriously some do feel like that); cold sweats, chills, maybe even the shakes may happen. One needs to prepare that you are going to feel icky for 3-5 days. Mentally prepare yourself that you will be a cranky, edgy person for a few days when you begin a juice fast.
In order to help people relate to someone who had some bad days. I have a link to a woman who blogged about her 1st week juicing. It's very different from mine, so I thought it would be good for you to see someone elses experience. 

http://planetsarah.com/2012/05/16/reviewing-week-1/  ~ She has some serious medical condtions and she realizes that this fast is not about losing weight, it's about getting the body cleansed to help her lose weight in the end. Everyone gets caught up in the whole "losing weight" ordeal instead of trying to just eat healthier. I truly recommend if you are doing a juice fast to join a forum about juicing. If you don't want to join the Reboot website, join something to guide you through your fast. So many things can go wrong if you don't follow certain rules. That's all for now, I'll be back laters. Have a blessed Day!

Okay I'm back early to give an update of my lunch juice. It's a 90/10 veggie & fruit split. The verdict is: it's drinkable BUT, I taste the bitterness of the kale, the chlorophyll of the greens, and no sweetness of the apple. I bottled it up today in a glass jar and WHAT a difference it made. Juice is fresher. I'm texting my hubby to ask to take a pic of his juice to let me see if there is a difference. I'll update you on that shortly. :) Hopefully he hasn't had it yet.  Although it's fresher, I definately taste the veggie side more than the fruit. Okay back to your normal programming. :)


Back again, not too late, I went on a bike ride to my dad's house today and I rode 15.3 miles. :) Yeeyay for me! Feet feel good, no pain and I didn't get as tired as I thought. For dinner today I had what's called the "Waldorf" at Whole foods. Kale, Celery, flax seed oil, and apple. It was good but the flax seed oil was "Ehhh" I didn't like it. I am a trooper though, I finished. it. LOL See below for more pics and get ready for tomorrow's juice. This type of kale is SUPER DUPER Green! :) Check it out. Have a great night! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment