Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 7, My first week done!

It's now my 7th day of juicing. This morning I woke up rather late and started to juice. I wanted to make something different today. So today I did Orange, Blueberries, Apple, Carrots, Celery, Kiwi and Spinach. I know crazy combo, but as it came out I was saying eww the color was horrible. When i tried it, very sweet can't taste the celery or spinach and it was pretty darn good. I feel good and it's giving me a good vibe that I'm going to be able to do this for another 2 weeks. It's Father's Day today so I'm going to make this a short one so I can go spend it with my dad. I'll be back later with my lunch juice and dinner. Enjoy your SUNDAY! Happy Father's day to all!

I'm back, for lunch today I had another Juice date with the hubby at Whole Foods. I'm so glad we have one not to far away from us. It just makes things so convenient for us if we aren't in the mood to juice. Then my hubby went and bought us a new juicer! A Jack Lalanne juicer, it's such an upgrade from the other one. Bigger mouth to put your veggies and fruits in, much faster in making juice. So am I happy? HELL yes I am, thank you my wonderful husband! He has been such a great support in my fast, I don't know what I do if he was eating regular and just me juicing. I just hope and pray that all this effort pays off for the both of us health wise. I know the one thing that it has done is making me a believer that one can eat their vegetables. Maybe I can't eat them, but I can drink them. If that helps me become a health conscious person then it's a win-win.

Tonight's juice was apple, pear, kale, cucumber, spinach, celery, lime, carrots, and beetroot leaves (no beet.) What I am realizing, is when you use lime, or lemon, you must drink that juice immediately. If you put it in the fridge and let it sit. The citrus will take over the entire drink and you won't taste anything but the lime. So for you newbies, unless you really like lemon/lime, do use it in your juice and let it sit... That's it for tonight. Day 7 is officially over... Starting week 2 tomorrow! So excited! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... So you would recommend a Jack Lalanne juicer over the others you've used? What model do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shawnta, This is the one I have.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/14968099?adid=22222222227000554636&wmlspartner=wlpa&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=&wl3=13222982830&wl4=&wl5=pla&veh=sem

    It's works fine for a beginner juicer like me. I think later on I may move up to a more expensive brand if we feel that it's necessary. But the JL juicer's motor has a lifetime warranty. So if that motor breaks down, they will replace it. While the breville juicers only have a 2 year warranty. Omega juicers have between a 10 & 15 yr warranty. So you have to look at all the warranties to see what suits you best. :)

    ReplyDelete