Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day 13, Finding out how much juice veggies give!

Hello all, it's Day 13, and everything is going great! This morning's juice was the mean red. I got some watermelon yesterday so I'll be making alot of mean reds this week. I went to the farmers market and purchased some beautiful kale bunches (bought 3), celery (one bunch), carrots (bought 5 huge ones and 10 skinny ones), beet root (4 bulbs), a red and yellow pepper, cucumbers (bought 8), and gala apples (bought 6). My total was $21.50 again. Not bad for all that I got. I packed my kale, carrots, beet roots, and cucumbers and now I'm ready for the week!



Mean Green, you can see the carrot.
ginger on the left, and the cucumber
kale, celery, and apple make up the
green. :) YUM
A friend of mine was here from out of town. We went out together and she wanted to get something to eat. We went to a Pho restaurant, so to not be in a awkward situation, I ordered Pho without noodles, just the broth. I added fresh sprouts, it had green onions, mint leaves, jalapeno, lime, and saracha. It was a refreshing moment because I really didn't mess up my fast. I just had broth, ate sprouts (which is a vegetable), the green onions, lime, and jalapeno are all healthy options. The mint leaves just added flavor to the broth, and the saracha gave it some heat. I was able to enjoy my time with my friend and keep it all liquid. I drank Jasmine iced tea, and water. I went home and had my 2nd juice, which was Kale, carrot, celery, ginger, and apples. Very fresh and tasted fantastic! I stayed pretty full all afternoon, and my stomach is really been cleaning out. (if you know what I mean) In a good way, for me juicing and just eating nuts; its a lot and it's only telling me it's cleaning me out. I feel lighter, my body is slimming down. I have energy, and it's only making me realize that when you feed your body the right stuff you just feel better.

Adding pepper to the juicer. See
the yellow in the cup? :)
For dinner, I decided to try out something new. (I know, what is she doing now...) Remember I bought a red and yellow pepper. Well I decided to experiment and see how much juice can I get from these veggies you see on the right. I juiced 1 cucumber, 1 large carrot, 2 peppers, 3 celery stalks, 1/4 piece of jalapeno (de-veined and all seeds removed) and 4 kale leaves. Weird combo right? Well, not really. Peppers and carrots are sweet, Cucumber, kale, celery, and jalapenos are not sweet. So the question is with this mixture, will the juice be a hot sweet juice? I juiced the peppers and let me tell you. Peppers have a lot of water in them. Those 2 peppers gave me. 8 oz of juice. See below.


Mixing 2 peppers. Looks like a yellow
sun mixed with orange foam. :)
It gave 8 oz for 2 peppers! Not bad!
I then proceeded to roll my kale into bunches and add them to the juicer. When you do this always add a veggie or fruit that has lots of water. This will help juice any leafy veggie you use. See below. :)



Always cut your cucumbers, large carrots so that your juicer gets the most out of your veggie. Putting them uncut can cause the juicer to get stuck trying to rip the skin open. Just a few slices makes it super easy for your juicer to get the juice going. :) see the picture on the left. Nothing fancy, just two slices and you have perfect cuts for your juicer. I then added my 1/4 cut of jalapeno in this to give it a little heat.
I then added the celery, and carrots: Celery just slides down the chute you barely need to put any pressure to get them juicing, they produce alot of juice. The last picture is the halfway mark of my juicing. :)

I wanted you to see how easy this is. Many people think it's a lot of work, it's really not. Think of when you cook, you have to clean, peel your veggies, potatoes, cut the chicken, or slice the fat off the meat, season your meat, cook or bake it. Then you have to serve it. You have the stuff you prepared your meal, the pots and pans to cook, and the plates, silverware, and glasses you drink out of you have to clean. All I have to do is wash my produce, cut, make juice, then clean the juicer and cups. That's it. Don't forget you have to clean your stove too, in case something spills over and such. I'm not saying that you shouldn't cook. I'm just comparing both jobs. It's not that hard. It's pretty easy. Less dishes and pots and pans to wash. Less wait for your dinner, and it's ready in 10 mins or less.  It's just a change of how you eat. Just saying. It makes sense right? To do this to clean your body out of all metals, toxins from the fat in the meats you eat. Clean your GI tract, pancreas, liver, kidneys, blood, lymphatic system. Reboot your metabolism and heart with healthy vitamins, phyto and micronutrients. Giving you body beta-carotene shower to clean any type of tumorous cells that could be lurking in your body. Cleaning your colon with waterous veggie juice and cleaning it completely. Isn't that worth a 3 or 15 day cleansing. I think it is...
To all of you who don't think that your health isn't worth all the hassle of doing a detox. It's okay. Some people have genes that have very good metabolism, fights toxins and such. Every person is different. But with the US being the highest percentage of people being obese, having diabetes, cancer, and taking the most medication in the world. Why is going on a juice fast such a voodoo thing? Is it that society would prefer to eat junk food, drink high fructose corn syrup soda, and eat fast food and think that you will live to be 100? I don't know about you. I prefer to try this and see how I can change my life and be a healthy person. Does that mean I will never eat BBQ, steak, fried chicken etc? No, I will eat it from time to time but now I think what I will do is eat in moderation and always add fresh veggies with my bad food. Even if it means for me to take home my meals and at home have this with a fresh salad or make a green juice to take all the fats, and bad stuff from my body. Or who knows maybe I won't crave BBQ, which I really don't think that would happen but who knows. The thing is that I will be aware of what I'm doing to my body when I have that Mac & Cheese from 4Rivers BBQ, or that hamburger from 5Guys with fries that were from potatoes from Idaho with Malt vinegar and ketchup. Food is whatever we give our body. Our body doesn't care what we eat, our minds will process it and make fat, and stick it somewhere in our bodies. If we teach our brain that we eat healthy foods, it will cleanse and regenerate clean cells to clean out our insides and it will give us clearer minds, feel good days, energy to handle those stressful days. Sky is the limit.

Do what you need to do. I'm only expressing what I feel and would never tell anyone to do this with out the consultation of a doctor if you have medical condition. I'm no doctor, just someone who wants to live healthy and not have to take medicine for things that I can stop from happening. Diabetes, obesity, hypertension, stress, and GI diseases. I'm all about keeping "me" healthy. Good luck to all of you and have a great night. :) Remember if you have questions. Please send them in the comments. I promise to write back or you can ask me on Facebook. I'm here to help if you need it..

JC





2 comments:

  1. Thumbs up to you. I can't say I'm not anxious to begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It's hard for those who have never done anything like this before. Because I've done changes in my diet before. I transitioned in it well. :) You'll feel great, your skin will glow and you'll just feel better.

      Delete