Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 14, Made it to two weeks today! :)

Well guys, I made it to my 2 week mark. One day short of 15 days and I'm going for another 15 days. I want to do it to 30 days. My hubby is supporting me and will be by my side as I go for another 15 days of juicing. Today I felt a lot of headaches, I wonder if my body is getting tired of this fast. Maybe it's detoxing now, who knows. All I know is I've gotten this far, I just have 2 weeks and 2 days to go to accomplish my goal.

This morning, I decided to use all the other fruit in my fridge to make my morning juice. It was strawberries, blueberries, grapes, celery, 1/2 a beet, and ginger. I thought with the strawberries and the blueberries would take out the sweetness from the grapes. Nope, way too sweet. Note to file. mix with water. Make 1/2 of the mix and put water in it. Just note to file, I used 3 celery stalks. :) Pictured here is only one on the left. On the right you can see how this juice came out a beautiful purple. I want to call this Deep Purple Juice.
I posted this today on facebook and my friend sent me this video. It's pretty funny, sad but funny.
It's amazing how many people can relate to this video. Some people never get to have fresh juice because they simply can't afford it. It cost you $0.45 to buy Koolaid and just put sugar and water in it. Then you have a drink for the entire day. To make a liter of fresh OJ, it will probably cost you alot more buy enough oranges to juice to make it. To eat wrong is cheaper for anyone. Its sad but that's how it works...

I can relate to the video above but I was fortunate that my mom made me fresh OJ when it was in season. Back then when I was young, you got veggies in seasons. Watermelons are in the summer, Cherries, strawberries, blueberries are in the spring, corn, squash were in another season. Everything was given to you in seasons. Now-a-days, if you pay more money, you can get any type of fruit you want. Same with veggies, because they get them from different countries to give you that comfort of buying them anytime. When I was in my early twenties; I lived in Belize, in the small Caye called Ambergris Caye, you ate with what was caught from the sea and the fruits that grew on the land.You had lime trees all over, plantain, coconut, and so many types of tropical fruits but not so much on the veggies. Fish galore though... I learned to appreciate the seasons in the U.S. When I came back, I appreciated eating meat, poultry, and pork. Fish on the other hand costs money here in the states. It's not as plentiful as it was on the island in Belize. Those were the days... Ahhhh....

For lunch I had a kale, carrot, cucumber, celery, and apple juice. No need to put a picture up because you seen this before. Unless I make a new type of juice. I'm done with the pictures. For dinner I made the same one except I used oranges instead.  Making this one short because of the novel I did yesterday. Staying strong and proud I made it to two weeks. Now lets see how I make it through week 3. Stay tuned! Ciao!

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment