Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 11, my halfway mark is getting closer.

Good Morning friends, it's Day 11, and each day that passes my fast becomes a little easier. You will have weak moments but you must drink some water and tell yourself that you can do this. This morning I made my favorite juice Mean Red. Watermelon, beets, and this time I added ginger. Very refreshing, I'm addicted to ginger I must admit. Ginger gives my juice a nice kick, helps my digestion and it's a anti-inflammatory for your body. If I could drink this 365 days a year, I think I would. LOL.. I'm only 4 days from my halfway mark of my fast. Soon I will need to decide if I want to continue on my 30 day fast journey, or will I start incorporate my juicing into my diet. My husband will stop at 15 days and will incorporate juice into his diet and start eating healthier. At least that is the goal. It's so hard sometimes to make that change, but at some point we have to say we are going to do this or we say no we aren't. Decisions one must make. Have you decided to take a chance and do a Juice fast? I'm telling you if I can do it, you can too! :)

Update on my feet, they are "pain-free" for now, it's not cured but my feet are no longer hurting for now. It's like they blocked all the pain and I have new feet. I still have to do stretches and exercise them daily, because my scar tissue is still there. It's a waiting game to see how long these shot lasts. In my last one it was 2 months. So for right now, I have 2 months to start my exercise program and start to move around to tone up my body. When your on a fast, it's not recommended to do extreme workouts. I brisk walk 30-45 mins a day will give you plenty of workout and get your heart rate up. You can do weights, and such just remember to drink water or coconut water to rehydrate yourself. Don't continue to work out if you feel lightheaded or dizzy. I took a walk on Tuesday, and Wednesday did some floor exercises, and used the stability ball to workout my arms and legs. Today hopefully the weather will permit me to take another brisk walk. Let's see what happens. I'll be back later for lunch and dinner updates.

Green Monster
Back boy do I have a lot to say, this evening I had a meeting where it was going to be impossible for me to juice for dinner. So I went to my 2nd juice home Whole Foods, a good friend came with me and she wanted to have a "juice dinner" with me. I love when my friends take a chance to try something new. So I ordered my usual Kale, Chard, Ginger, and Apple juice. My girl friend ordered the "Green Monster" it has NO fruit in the juice. Which I was like are you sure? She said yup, I can't risk my blood sugar to go too high. So I said "okay" but the ingredients were brutal. Kale, Chard, Celery, Cucumber, Spinach and ginger." Whoa that's the MOMBA JAMBA of green juice. So I got mine first and I let her try mine and she said "Wow, that's really good." Her juice was given to her seconds after trying mine and when she took a a sip. Her face was priceless, "She says damn I can taste the celery big time!" I tried this and let me tell you it was the strongest Green juice I have ever tasted you can see and taste the chlorophyll in it. It left my tongue with a numbing like effect. I asked her if she was okay and she said "yep, i'm good." I felt bad because that was a strong juice to try for the first time. I drank my juice and she had like 1/2 of if left, so I asked if she was going to finish it and she said "Hell no." So I started to drink this monster green juice. I had to chase it with the foam from my juice to finish those last 8 oz. I thought my stomach was going to turn inside out, but to my delight, it didn't and I never felt so full in my life. It's strange how this juice filled me up and it's 10:00pm and I have no desire to eat. I have to say that if one has the will power to try making this juice. All the power to you, because it's a hard one to swallow.

Today I took a brisk walk around my neighborhood, I walked about one mile and it took me 45 minutes. It was great to be able to walk and not feel pain on my heels again. I still have to take it easy. I want these shots to last for a long time. I pray that I don't get the pain again. :) I will continue to find alternative ways to get my exercise in. Day 11 is over. Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment