Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 30, I did it!

Day 30 is here and I can't believe that I made it! It's been one crazy trip, ups and downs. Learning about what mixes and what doesn't. My journey will not end but will continue to grow. My blog will be every 4-7 days with pictures of what my new meals will be about. I don't want to use the word "diet" because it's not a diet it's a new way of eating. New habits, and new encounters of foods that will keep me healthy. I will give you progress of my workouts and anything new I try and find. :)
For breakfast today I made a Blueberry, red pepper, carrot, ginger, and cucumber juice. I was leery on the red pepper and I was right. Red pepper is strong, I think I would prefer to drink this with a tomato base drink and not with fruit at all. Although it's a sweet pepper if gives it a "off" taste from the blueberries and not a great mix. I also experimented today with aloe vera. I know this stuff is suppose to be REALLY good for you and good for digestion and such. I originally bought Aloe Vera Gel from WFoods, to help with my hubby's belly issues. He didn't like it and wanted to throw it out. I told him no, don't do that I'll drink it. So today I brought with me two oz of the stuff. I tried to drink it like a shot. OMGoodness, that stuff is NASTY!!! It did not want to go down my throat. I swallowed it and it almost came back up. So I'm in favor of throwing out the stuff. We both tried it in our juices and it just doesn't mix well either. Tonight when I get home. Bye bye aloe, aloe is good for burns, bruises on the skin which I will always use it for that but eating it. I can't do it. :(

For lunch today, I had a avo juice which was delicious. That kept me through my day until I got home. Thank goodness because I had no nuts or snacks to eat. The day when by pretty quickly as I kept myself busy. I came home for my hubby to surprise me with a nice dinner as a celebration for my 30 days of fasting. He made me salmon, asparagus, and red rice. It was delicious, but the one thing I realized was I couldn't finish the fish. Asparagus, gone, rice gone, but the protein, I got full from it. Which is good, but I still need more veggies for my day.

Today, I went back to my martial arts and took a class from a good friend. It was great to get back into it. Although, I am bruised all over, in the end if I keep up with it. (picture on left is my bruised thumb OUCH!!!)  I will be stronger and will only help with my progress in weight loss and maintaining. It felt really good to do it so I'm kinda excited to keep up with it and see how far can I go. This will be my last day about the fast.

Thank you for reading this. I will continue my blog but it will be every 4-7 days with new recipes, pictures of progress and food. :)

Here are my before pictures: I think you can see the difference. :) It's a start. Have a great night!
Before
After


Before

After

2 comments:

  1. I've just discovered you blog. I'll be interested to see how it goes now that your fast is over. I'm doing a juice and eat mostly vegs. plan and I'm a little afraid when I start to eat again the weight will come back. I admire you for doing 30 days. I couldn't get past 3 on juice only. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Linda, it's not a easy task. I think it really takes a lot of determination, will power, and a buddy system to help you. I really have to thank my husband for joining me because he was a great help. A buddy system is always something to consider. Right now my plan is to keep juicing once a day (breakfast or lunch). Since my body is use to that already and for which ever meal I decide to eat. Breakfast or lunch, I have to make sure I add lots of green veggies, and low glycemic fruits. Dinnertime will be my time to have animal protein of my choice. Exercise will start playing a bigger part in my life and hopefully I will see if I continue to lose weight. For the most part I'm happy with the weight loss from the fast. I just want to make that change in my eating habits. :) I will continue to blog and give everyone my progress. I will continue to weigh myself once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete