Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 26, Experimenting and it was Ehhh...

Day 26 is here 4 MORE DAYS!

I can't believe it's almost over, this morning I made a different watermelon juice.

8 - kale leaves
2 - cups of watermelon
3 - stalks of celery
2" - ginger root

This one was a bit strong in the ginger but I liked the juice, my hubby thought it was too sour but he had it for lunch so I think the celery may have gotten bitter. Things one needs to think about when you make juice. If you let it sit for a long time the taste can change.

For lunch today I went to Whole Foods and decided to change up the usual I get. I was reading about the benefits of cabbage juice. So I got my nerve up and told the lady to make me a 20oz cabbage, spinach, collard greens, apple juice. Looks like my usual juice, smelled pretty darn good. One sip, OMGoodness, all I tasted was the cabbage and the apple. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I had the look that my friend had when she had the Green Monster at Whole Foods. It was not appeasing and gave no mercy to drink. I sucked up my negativity about this juice and I just chugged it down. I got to work and my co-workers saw it and smelled it and said, "I smell the cabbage!" I'm like Oh Geez, seriously did she have to remind me... But in the end I finished it and I don't think I could drink cabbage juice. I'll stick to cabbage crunch that they sell and eat it that way or my own version of coleslaw.

Dinner my hubby was desiring some type of fruit salad and asked me to make a guacamole for him. So I decided to try to make a Mango & Avocado salad. A few days ago I posted a picture of that salad with the recipe. So I didn't have all the ingredients and replaced some of them with some other items and it came out pretty amazing. Here is a picture of what I created on the left. Here is my recipe. (I posted it on Facebook and I already have people asking for the recipe)

2 - Haas Avocados diced (if you can get Haas then try to get one that is creamy. Do not use FL Avos.)
2 - Mangos diced
1 - tomato diced and take out middle with seeds
1- tomatillo diced
2 - tbsp of lime juice
1 - apple (sml) peeled and diced
1 - tsp. Coconut oil or sunflower oil
1 pinch salt & pepper to taste

Put diced mango, apple, tomato, tomatillo, and avocado and put them in your bowl. Squeeze 2 tbsp of lime over the fruit and mix lightly. Add 1 tsp of oil and a pinch salt & pepper to taste. Place in fridge for 10 mins and serve. Enjoy it because it's delicious and filling. My husband ate this bowl and couldn't finish it. He was full. It's very filling, it give you a sweet & sour treat with the smoothness of the avocado. Try it and please comment and let me know what you think. :)

That's it for tonight. See you tomorrow Day 27! Farmers Market day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment