Saturday, July 21, 2012

Almost week 2 off the juice. :)

Hello everyone,
Tuesday will be week 2 off the juice fast, I must say that I'm still stuck on eating lots of veggies, and less meat. I weighed myself last Tuesday and I was still at 158 lbs. Which was great because that means what I'm eating now is actually working with my body. One thing I am amazed about that I'm not craving is soda. I think in my earlier blogs I have written about my addiction to soda especially Coke. That was my "CRACK" when I was stressed out or just dying to have something sweet. Since I've been eating now, I don't crave the fries that are frying at my job constantly. I don't crave red meat, and I don't crave soda. Not even soda water. What I do crave is avocado, garlicky kale, and cabbage crunch. What DA HELL has happened to me??? I almost feel like a vegetarian, but I still eat chicken, and fish quite often. So I can't be vegetarian, maybe a veggie lover. LOL. What's crazy is if I I don't have it (animal protein) my body does well without it. I'm amazed of what this fast did for me. Even my husband, although he can do without the "Mean Green" juice. He can't go back to drinking store bought orange juice or any type of juice. It's a good thing because I still make juice once a day. Mostly at dinnertime is when I make it. Weekends I make juice for my breakfast vs. eating breakfast. It's still satisfies me and I'm not hungry till lunch time. Dinnertime, I try to keep it as light as possible. 


Same pineapple, now ready to eat!
My pineapple grown in a pot.
I want to touch on the topic of growing your own fresh veggies and fruits. At my parents house I grew fruits such as plantains, pineapples, Chinese plums, and I have two acerola trees, an avocado tree growing in pots. I am hoping once I have my own home. I will be planting my own fruit trees, planting a herbal, and have a veggie garden. If you never have done anything like that, you should definitely try to grow your own garden. It's a rewarding experience. Take a look at my pineapples I have been growing and let me tell you I ate one this week and used the leftovers for my morning juice. OMG sooo sweet to eat and added some great flavor to my juice. 

Here are some of my pics of my meals and such for the week. :) 

Remember I talked about the Apple Cherry Bake I made last week. Well I experimented on making those into a muffin type treat. I bought a Gluten-free muffin mix from Whole Foods, and tried making  Apple Cherry Bake muffins. Ehhh, looks good, but tasted very bland. I got use to it and it tastes okay. I need to figure out the best way to make the batter taste better. I will keep experimenting. I'll let you know how it goes. I will find a way to make this an amazing muffin. Just wait and see. :)

Portobello mushroom before its cooked.
Most of you will know what type of mushroom this is. For those of you who don't know. This is a portobello mushroom (it's a grown up crimini mushroom) it's also known as the "steak" of vegetables. I never liked mushrooms in my life. Until my husband introduced me to them. He made me a portobello burger, just like a hamburger, but the meat was this huge mushroom. He marinated this with balsamic vinegar, spices, and a little bit of olive oil. Grilled it and put cheese on it just you would eat a burger and see the next picture.


Add caption
This is what you get afterwards. I used Ezekiel Bread  and I topped my mushroom with fresh avocado slices. Did you know avocado is a great replacement for mayo... You can put cheese on it to make it savory and enjoy this sandwich. This will fill you up, I promise. My side I made some cabbage crunch, the dressing is simple. It takes 1/4 cup of olive/sunflower oil, 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. Whisk it and chop up a cabbage and put your mix in there and voila you have cabbage crunch. You can add sliced almonds, pine nuts, or sesame seeds to flavor it up. It's up to you. This is a very healthy meal. You should definitely try it sometime. Send me a comment if you have questions or need help. I'm here to do that for you. :)

Today, I went out with my hubby and we were far from home to eat. So we stopped at Pei Wei, I wondered what could I eat. I found this on the menu. Rice wrapped lettuce with chicken, cabbage, carrots, and mint. With 2 dips to eat with. I ate 2 of these and took the extra one home. This was light, healthy, and it filled me up till I could get home. So for those of you who think you just have to eat salad. No you don't you can find healthy options. It's up to you to decide what you eat. :) That's it for today. Remember your health is not an option. It's your life, make the right choices and you will be successful. I'm still learning. Thanks for reading. See you soon.

JC

2 comments:

  1. I missed meat at first, but now I really don't, although I'm sure I would if I smelled some cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My juice fast has definitely changed my taste buds to enjoy veggies vs. animal protein. I will make it last for a long time. :) Thanks for reading.

      Delete