Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 24, 6 days left!

Day 24 is here and this morning, I had a strawberry, blueberry, cucumber, kale, celery and ginger. Here is the recipe:
Strawberry Delight
1 pint of blueberries
1 container of strawberries <You may think that it's a lot but it's really not, you'll see>
1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
1" of ginger

That's it... Add water if needed. It should make you 2 nice glasses of juice. I always juice for my husband and I. Honestly the blueberries and strawberries will only give you 6-8 oz of juice so the cucumber and the celery stalks should give you 10 oz of juice. :) Enjoy.

For lunch I made my usual Green drink. Here is my recipe:

8-9 Kale leaves
4 Carrots (if you have a fat carrot then just 1)
3 Celery stalks
2 Apples
1to2" of ginger (depends on taste)

Now that I'm going to end my fast, I will post my juicing recipes for you to try out. :) One thing that my hubby is noticing is that he is getting some gastric acid coming up during his lunch juice so today he broke his fast and ate something to see if it's the juice or is it just his stomach that may be giving him some issues. I don't know what could be irritating his stomach but I guess we will know soon now that he's eating again. As I spoke before about what my new diet will consist of, I've been thinking that kale, avocados, tomatoes, tomatillos, carrots and ginger will be a permanent part of my life. I'm going to see how fennel bulb will be with my recipes, because I think it will help my hubby with his digestion. That's just for starts. Today I was surfing and I found this awesome recipe that's called Mango Avocado Salad. Take a look at this recipe HERE. It sounds amazing, looks so healthy to eat. That's a meal in itself. So I took that idea and for dinner I made a Avocado Salad.

Why did I make a salad today instead of juice, 2 things, I wanted to eat to day and with these simple ingredients it's a juice, just eating it instead. :)
Here is what I did:
2 Roma tomatoes diced
2 tomatillos diced
1/4 of a Serrano pepper diced
a tiny bit of diced onion
2 cloves of garlic diced
1 avocado diced
1/2 lime squeezed in the bowl
salt & pepper to taste

Mixed it all up and mashed the avocado just a little bit. and this is what you get!



It was so good, and it filled me up nicely. Day 24 is over. Need to juice for tomorrow. See you then!!

JC



No comments:

Post a Comment