Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Last bit of my vacation Day 7-9

 As my last days in my hometown was coming to an end. I can't help to say that I was very happy to be back. So many times that i didn't want to come home due to weather, the neighborhoods changing, crime etc. My experience was quite better than expected. I found the beauty of this town and the cities surrounding it. Summertime is the best time for me to go, because I see the beauty of my home. I was so stuck with the wintertime. I forgot about the wonderful summers I had. On Day 7, I took my father to visit with his cousin, she served us a nice dessert and we certainly enjoyed it. It was a homemade peach pie she made from fresh peaches her son gave her. That was a treat. Had our regular juices for the day and it was a quiet time with my dad.

Day 8,

Lake Geneva WI
I decided to take my dad to a place he use to take me when I was a kid. It was Lake Geneva, WI, we didn't have beaches and oceans like I do now here in FL. So my father took me on vacations to WI, where there was a nice lake. Lake Michigan in the 80's was not a desirable place to go in the water. It had a lot of toxins due to factories in the surrounding area would dump in that Lake. Now 30 years later, they have stopped dumping and Lake Michigan is a beautiful Lake were everyone goes and enjoys it. Which I'm happy they did finally. Onward to Lake Geneva, it's about a 1 hour drive from where I was staying and I took my dad to a place called the "Cheese Box" where you can get fresh cheese made in WI. They don't call them "Cheese Heads" for no reason. LOL. We bought some snacks and continued our way to the Lake. My uncle tagged along and it was really nice to see my uncle and father spend time together. My uncle loved that I picked him up and took him everywhere I could with me. We walked around the Lake, through the shopping centers and enjoyed the day out there. Bought some presents to bring home to the family but most of all, we bought "Pate" from there. It's Liverwurst" I know, but they make it the best and I brought some home for them to enjoy. My son LOVED it. :) We left there around 1pm and the crew was hungry so we stopped at a Hot Dog joint that made the Original "Chicago Dog." I know what your thinking but I already had my juice and I wasn't going to deny myself this. It's been many years since I had one. I ordered for all 3 of us and boy did we love it. :) I must say my dad ate well during our vacation. He loved eating out and just enjoying things from the past. :) It was a great day.

Day 9,
Last day in Waukegan, we enjoyed our breakfast with the family and I went to get my last juice of the day. We had a great time here and I noticed down in the weight room there was a scale. Do I dare step on it? I did and you know what??? I weighed in at 157Lbs. What? I ate Pizza, hot dogs, homemade food, BBQ, hamburgers, and all you can think. I stayed the same. I was amazed. But in the end. I truly believe it was because of the juice. If I didn't find the juice places in Chicago, Libertyville and Lewis Food Market. I may have gained 5lbs or more. I give the juice the props for keeping me at my weight and allowing me to enjoy my food too. :)

That's it for this trip. Stay tuned for more info about foods, healthy juicing and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment